Vulcan proposes nearly 279-acre expansion of Adairsville quarry
Vulcan Materials has proposed an expansion of its rock quarry in Adairsville, Georgia, that would extend the quarry by nearly 279 acres, according to a report from the Rome News-Tribune.
Bartow County has filed a Development Regional Impact document, which David Howerin, a planner at the Northwest Georgia Regional Commission in Rome, Georgia, said is necessary for quarries extending by 50 percent.
Vulcan already owns or leases 341 acres at the quarry, which has 167 acres of minable land. Of the proposed 279-acre expansion, 134 acres would be minable.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone637 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle405 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company341 Views
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill229 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]158 Views