Vulcan proposes nearly 279-acre expansion of Adairsville quarry
Vulcan Materials has proposed an expansion of its rock quarry in Adairsville, Georgia, that would extend the quarry by nearly 279 acres, according to a report from the Rome News-Tribune.
Bartow County has filed a Development Regional Impact document, which David Howerin, a planner at the Northwest Georgia Regional Commission in Rome, Georgia, said is necessary for quarries extending by 50 percent.
Vulcan already owns or leases 341 acres at the quarry, which has 167 acres of minable land. Of the proposed 279-acre expansion, 134 acres would be minable.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mine worker dies in tragic accident1297 Views
- Update on experienced plant manager killed at Murray Mines1145 Views
- Quarry workers in Egypt risking life and limbs (PHOTOS)1094 Views
- Rare Dinosaur bone found in Colorado quarry877 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over387 Views