Vulcan proposes nearly 279-acre expansion of Adairsville quarry
Vulcan Materials has proposed an expansion of its rock quarry in Adairsville, Georgia, that would extend the quarry by nearly 279 acres, according to a report from the Rome News-Tribune.
Bartow County has filed a Development Regional Impact document, which David Howerin, a planner at the Northwest Georgia Regional Commission in Rome, Georgia, said is necessary for quarries extending by 50 percent.
Vulcan already owns or leases 341 acres at the quarry, which has 167 acres of minable land. Of the proposed 279-acre expansion, 134 acres would be minable.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1842 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1154 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection605 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania436 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up429 Views