Vulcan purchases operations from Martin Marietta
Vulcan Materials has acquired one quarry in southern Oklahoma with rail distribution capabilities into Texas, and two distribution yards in the Dallas area from Martin Marietta Materials. The acquisition increases Vulcan’s footprint in the Texas market.
“Texas is a strategic market for us,” Tom Hill, Chief Executive Officer of Vulcan Materials said. “This acquisition provides an important complement to our other aggregates sources and distribution facilities across the state. These facilities enhance our aggregates supply capabilities in Texas and provide additional opportunities to better serve our customers.”
Martin Marietta was required to sell the operations by a consent decree that was a condition of the Department of Justice’s clearance of the company’s acquisition of Texas Industries earlier this summer.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program616 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana415 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas411 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents296 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials244 Views