Vulcan purchases operations from Martin Marietta
Vulcan Materials has acquired one quarry in southern Oklahoma with rail distribution capabilities into Texas, and two distribution yards in the Dallas area from Martin Marietta Materials. The acquisition increases Vulcan’s footprint in the Texas market.
“Texas is a strategic market for us,” Tom Hill, Chief Executive Officer of Vulcan Materials said. “This acquisition provides an important complement to our other aggregates sources and distribution facilities across the state. These facilities enhance our aggregates supply capabilities in Texas and provide additional opportunities to better serve our customers.”
Martin Marietta was required to sell the operations by a consent decree that was a condition of the Department of Justice’s clearance of the company’s acquisition of Texas Industries earlier this summer.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets539 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either248 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant138 Views