Vulcan purchases operations from Martin Marietta
Vulcan Materials has acquired one quarry in southern Oklahoma with rail distribution capabilities into Texas, and two distribution yards in the Dallas area from Martin Marietta Materials. The acquisition increases Vulcan’s footprint in the Texas market.
“Texas is a strategic market for us,” Tom Hill, Chief Executive Officer of Vulcan Materials said. “This acquisition provides an important complement to our other aggregates sources and distribution facilities across the state. These facilities enhance our aggregates supply capabilities in Texas and provide additional opportunities to better serve our customers.”
Martin Marietta was required to sell the operations by a consent decree that was a condition of the Department of Justice’s clearance of the company’s acquisition of Texas Industries earlier this summer.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1054 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April577 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts395 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry345 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration330 Views