Vulcan purchases operations from Martin Marietta
Vulcan Materials has acquired one quarry in southern Oklahoma with rail distribution capabilities into Texas, and two distribution yards in the Dallas area from Martin Marietta Materials. The acquisition increases Vulcan’s footprint in the Texas market.
“Texas is a strategic market for us,” Tom Hill, Chief Executive Officer of Vulcan Materials said. “This acquisition provides an important complement to our other aggregates sources and distribution facilities across the state. These facilities enhance our aggregates supply capabilities in Texas and provide additional opportunities to better serve our customers.”
Martin Marietta was required to sell the operations by a consent decree that was a condition of the Department of Justice’s clearance of the company’s acquisition of Texas Industries earlier this summer.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs479 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company477 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources424 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger423 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities338 Views