Vulcan purchases operations from Martin Marietta
Vulcan Materials has acquired one quarry in southern Oklahoma with rail distribution capabilities into Texas, and two distribution yards in the Dallas area from Martin Marietta Materials. The acquisition increases Vulcan’s footprint in the Texas market.
“Texas is a strategic market for us,” Tom Hill, Chief Executive Officer of Vulcan Materials said. “This acquisition provides an important complement to our other aggregates sources and distribution facilities across the state. These facilities enhance our aggregates supply capabilities in Texas and provide additional opportunities to better serve our customers.”
Martin Marietta was required to sell the operations by a consent decree that was a condition of the Department of Justice’s clearance of the company’s acquisition of Texas Industries earlier this summer.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year506 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries337 Views
- Hillary Clinton rolls out new $275 billion infrastructure plan310 Views
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs193 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding164 Views