Vulcan Q2 net sales rise 7 percent
Don James , Chairman and CEO of Vulcan, said the “solid growth in second quarter earnings” was occurred despite wet weather conditions during the second quarter.
Vulcan earned $30 million ($0.23 per diluted share) in the second quarter of 2013, compared to a loss of $17 million ($0.13 per diluted share) in the second quarter of 2012.
Other highlights from Vulcan’s Q2 2013 results include:
Gross profit increased $27 million (25 percent) year over year
Aggregates gross profit increased $15 million
Aggregates gross profit margin increased 130 basis points
Aggregates shipments increased 2 percent from Q2 2012
Aggregates pricing increased 4 percent compared to a year ago
Non-aggregates segment gross profit was up $12 million
Ready-mixed concrete volumes rose 15 percent year over year
Cement volumes increased 20 percent over a year ago
Vulcan last week hosted a conference call regarding its second quarter 2013 earnings. Click here for a replay of the call.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger456 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources445 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities403 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company384 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views