Vulcan sells Atlanta interest to Plum Creek Timber
Vulcan will receive $154 million in exchange for a percentage royalty interest in 255 million tons of aggregate production over about 25 years.
According to Vulcan, “The transaction allows Vulcan to unlock long-term value in these quarries, tax efficiently, while maintaining full ownership and operational control of the quarries, fixed assets, and land.”
A pre-tax gain of $154 million will be recognized over the life of the transaction.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 789 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts159 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning139 Views
- Attention Congress: Two-thirds of jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors121 Views