Vulcan sells Atlanta interest to Plum Creek Timber
Vulcan will receive $154 million in exchange for a percentage royalty interest in 255 million tons of aggregate production over about 25 years.
According to Vulcan, “The transaction allows Vulcan to unlock long-term value in these quarries, tax efficiently, while maintaining full ownership and operational control of the quarries, fixed assets, and land.”
A pre-tax gain of $154 million will be recognized over the life of the transaction.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone638 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle418 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew153 Views