Vulcan sells Atlanta interest to Plum Creek Timber
Vulcan will receive $154 million in exchange for a percentage royalty interest in 255 million tons of aggregate production over about 25 years.
According to Vulcan, “The transaction allows Vulcan to unlock long-term value in these quarries, tax efficiently, while maintaining full ownership and operational control of the quarries, fixed assets, and land.”
A pre-tax gain of $154 million will be recognized over the life of the transaction.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry645 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter426 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections272 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees236 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)235 Views