Vulcan sells last four Wisconsin quarries
Vulcan Materials last month sold its last four quarries in Wisconsin, the Birmingham Business Journal reported.
The company sold its quarries in Franklin, Dousman and Racine to Payne & Dolan on June 14, and it sold its quarry in Sussex to Lannon Stone Products on June 20.
The purge was part of Vulcan’s effort to cut assets that don’t fit the company’s long-term goals.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone622 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle427 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew182 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers131 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines109 Views