Walker Industries Holdings continues with Duntroon Quarry expansion
Walker Industries Holdings announced in July that it has been cleared to continue with the planned expansion of its Duntroon Quarry, located on the Niagara Escarpment in Canada.
The announcement comes after the Ontario Superior Court of Justice dismissed an application for a judicial review of an earlier decision giving conditional approval to the expansion of the quarry.
The quarry was previously met with opposition from both the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) and the Clearview Community Coalition (CCC), which requested a judicial review after a June 2012 decision by the Consolidated Hearings Board to approve Walker Aggregates’ application for expansion.
Three judges of the superior court heard the application in April of this year.
The court ordered the NEC to pay legal costs to Walker Aggregates of $15,000, and jointly to the County of Simcoe and Clearview Township of $5,000.
Walker Aggregates Vice President Ken Lucyshyn said the company still needs to obtain permits, finalize a financial security arrangement with Clearview Township, and finalize an Adaptive Management Plan before it can begin with the quarry expansion.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry742 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets552 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views