Walker Industries Holdings continues with Duntroon Quarry expansion
Walker Industries Holdings announced in July that it has been cleared to continue with the planned expansion of its Duntroon Quarry, located on the Niagara Escarpment in Canada.
The announcement comes after the Ontario Superior Court of Justice dismissed an application for a judicial review of an earlier decision giving conditional approval to the expansion of the quarry.
The quarry was previously met with opposition from both the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) and the Clearview Community Coalition (CCC), which requested a judicial review after a June 2012 decision by the Consolidated Hearings Board to approve Walker Aggregates’ application for expansion.
Three judges of the superior court heard the application in April of this year.
The court ordered the NEC to pay legal costs to Walker Aggregates of $15,000, and jointly to the County of Simcoe and Clearview Township of $5,000.
Walker Aggregates Vice President Ken Lucyshyn said the company still needs to obtain permits, finalize a financial security arrangement with Clearview Township, and finalize an Adaptive Management Plan before it can begin with the quarry expansion.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views