Walker Industries Holdings continues with Duntroon Quarry expansion
Walker Industries Holdings announced in July that it has been cleared to continue with the planned expansion of its Duntroon Quarry, located on the Niagara Escarpment in Canada.
The announcement comes after the Ontario Superior Court of Justice dismissed an application for a judicial review of an earlier decision giving conditional approval to the expansion of the quarry.
The quarry was previously met with opposition from both the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) and the Clearview Community Coalition (CCC), which requested a judicial review after a June 2012 decision by the Consolidated Hearings Board to approve Walker Aggregates’ application for expansion.
Three judges of the superior court heard the application in April of this year.
The court ordered the NEC to pay legal costs to Walker Aggregates of $15,000, and jointly to the County of Simcoe and Clearview Township of $5,000.
Walker Aggregates Vice President Ken Lucyshyn said the company still needs to obtain permits, finalize a financial security arrangement with Clearview Township, and finalize an Adaptive Management Plan before it can begin with the quarry expansion.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)412 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars305 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)289 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees261 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter204 Views