Walker Industries Holdings continues with Duntroon Quarry expansion
Walker Industries Holdings announced in July that it has been cleared to continue with the planned expansion of its Duntroon Quarry, located on the Niagara Escarpment in Canada.
The announcement comes after the Ontario Superior Court of Justice dismissed an application for a judicial review of an earlier decision giving conditional approval to the expansion of the quarry.
The quarry was previously met with opposition from both the Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) and the Clearview Community Coalition (CCC), which requested a judicial review after a June 2012 decision by the Consolidated Hearings Board to approve Walker Aggregates’ application for expansion.
Three judges of the superior court heard the application in April of this year.
The court ordered the NEC to pay legal costs to Walker Aggregates of $15,000, and jointly to the County of Simcoe and Clearview Township of $5,000.
Walker Aggregates Vice President Ken Lucyshyn said the company still needs to obtain permits, finalize a financial security arrangement with Clearview Township, and finalize an Adaptive Management Plan before it can begin with the quarry expansion.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1642 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award354 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world234 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention188 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village143 Views