IMA-NA Webinar set for May 20: Fall Protection Through Prevention: Preparing for MSHA’s Rules to Live By
The Industrial Minerals Association – North America (IMA-NA) will present the Webinar: “Fall Protection Through Prevention: Preparing for MSHA’s Rules to Live By.”
Falls from elevated work surfaces are a leading cause of death or serious injury on mine sites, even though these types of injuries are often preventable.
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), through its “Rules To Live By” initiative, includes falls in its “targeted standards” for 2010 in an effort to reduce these types of injuries on mine properties.
Enforcement alone, though, does not prevent these injuries. Safety-conscious mine operators and contractors know the value of implementing a proactive safety program that can identify and reduce work hazards -both unsafe conditions and employee practices.
Particpate in the Webinar on May 20, 2010 at 2 p.m. EDT. The association’s safety expert will review the relevant MSHA standards and offer real-world strategies and tips to implement fall prevention measures.
You’ll learn the following:
– Why safety needs to be a value, not a priority;
– The major difference between MSHA and OSHA fall protection requirements;
– Strategies to identify fall hazards in and around your mine site;
– How to enhance employee participation in your hazard assessment program;
– How mine operators and contractors overlap and why you need to care;
– Take Away Tips you can begin to use immediately.
The speaker: Randy DeVaul is a 30-year safety professional, author, emergency response instructor, and principal of Brickhouse of N.Y., Inc, a national safety consulting firm in Westfield, N.Y.
He provides services to mine operations that include on-site walkthroughs, management and employee training, emergency response training and planning, and assessments in hazards and in workers’ compensation.
DeVaul is associated with the Law Office of Adele Abrams to assist mine operators in enhancing safety programs, preparing for and responding to issues related to MSHA visits.
DeVaul has authored performance-based workplace safety books (www.filbertpublishing.com/safety.htm) and is a columnist or regular contributor to a number of trade publications on safety and health topics. He may be contacted at email@example.com.
Date: May 20, 2010
Time: 2 p.m. EDT
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program600 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana415 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas399 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents295 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted210 Views