Western Star marks 10-year anniversary of Portland, Ore., manufacturing plant
Fort Mill, S.C.-based Western Star Truck Sales today recognized the 10th anniversary of its Portland, Ore., truck manufacturing plant.
Currently employing more than 1,000 people working two full shifts, the plant produces the full line of Western Star products including the 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models that meet the highest standard of comfort, power, convenience and durability.
Relocating to the Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland plant from Kelowna, British Columbia, in 2002, Western Star produced its first 4900 truck model in June of that year. The truck is now one of nearly 50,000 trucks the company has manufactured at the facility to-date.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry600 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction451 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter295 Views