Western Star marks 10-year anniversary of Portland, Ore., manufacturing plant
Fort Mill, S.C.-based Western Star Truck Sales today recognized the 10th anniversary of its Portland, Ore., truck manufacturing plant.
Currently employing more than 1,000 people working two full shifts, the plant produces the full line of Western Star products including the 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models that meet the highest standard of comfort, power, convenience and durability.
Relocating to the Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland plant from Kelowna, British Columbia, in 2002, Western Star produced its first 4900 truck model in June of that year. The truck is now one of nearly 50,000 trucks the company has manufactured at the facility to-date.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability674 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure541 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park350 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine238 Views