Western Star marks 10-year anniversary of Portland, Ore., manufacturing plant
Fort Mill, S.C.-based Western Star Truck Sales today recognized the 10th anniversary of its Portland, Ore., truck manufacturing plant.
Currently employing more than 1,000 people working two full shifts, the plant produces the full line of Western Star products including the 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models that meet the highest standard of comfort, power, convenience and durability.
Relocating to the Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland plant from Kelowna, British Columbia, in 2002, Western Star produced its first 4900 truck model in June of that year. The truck is now one of nearly 50,000 trucks the company has manufactured at the facility to-date.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry705 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets462 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant248 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike225 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address217 Views