Western Star marks 10-year anniversary of Portland, Ore., manufacturing plant
Fort Mill, S.C.-based Western Star Truck Sales today recognized the 10th anniversary of its Portland, Ore., truck manufacturing plant.
Currently employing more than 1,000 people working two full shifts, the plant produces the full line of Western Star products including the 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models that meet the highest standard of comfort, power, convenience and durability.
Relocating to the Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland plant from Kelowna, British Columbia, in 2002, Western Star produced its first 4900 truck model in June of that year. The truck is now one of nearly 50,000 trucks the company has manufactured at the facility to-date.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill429 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers414 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg323 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products183 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award181 Views