Western Star marks 10-year anniversary of Portland, Ore., manufacturing plant
Fort Mill, S.C.-based Western Star Truck Sales today recognized the 10th anniversary of its Portland, Ore., truck manufacturing plant.
Currently employing more than 1,000 people working two full shifts, the plant produces the full line of Western Star products including the 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models that meet the highest standard of comfort, power, convenience and durability.
Relocating to the Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland plant from Kelowna, British Columbia, in 2002, Western Star produced its first 4900 truck model in June of that year. The truck is now one of nearly 50,000 trucks the company has manufactured at the facility to-date.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher517 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks365 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident336 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution161 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress148 Views