Western Star marks 10-year anniversary of Portland, Ore., manufacturing plant
Fort Mill, S.C.-based Western Star Truck Sales today recognized the 10th anniversary of its Portland, Ore., truck manufacturing plant.
Currently employing more than 1,000 people working two full shifts, the plant produces the full line of Western Star products including the 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models that meet the highest standard of comfort, power, convenience and durability.
Relocating to the Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland plant from Kelowna, British Columbia, in 2002, Western Star produced its first 4900 truck model in June of that year. The truck is now one of nearly 50,000 trucks the company has manufactured at the facility to-date.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs724 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries289 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs204 Views