Western Star marks 10-year anniversary of Portland, Ore., manufacturing plant
Fort Mill, S.C.-based Western Star Truck Sales today recognized the 10th anniversary of its Portland, Ore., truck manufacturing plant.
Currently employing more than 1,000 people working two full shifts, the plant produces the full line of Western Star products including the 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models that meet the highest standard of comfort, power, convenience and durability.
Relocating to the Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland plant from Kelowna, British Columbia, in 2002, Western Star produced its first 4900 truck model in June of that year. The truck is now one of nearly 50,000 trucks the company has manufactured at the facility to-date.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations244 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers202 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs175 Views
- Powerscreen Trakpactor 320SR to launch at ConExpo-Con/Agg154 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000144 Views