Western Star marks 10-year anniversary of Portland, Ore., manufacturing plant
Fort Mill, S.C.-based Western Star Truck Sales today recognized the 10th anniversary of its Portland, Ore., truck manufacturing plant.
Currently employing more than 1,000 people working two full shifts, the plant produces the full line of Western Star products including the 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models that meet the highest standard of comfort, power, convenience and durability.
Relocating to the Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland plant from Kelowna, British Columbia, in 2002, Western Star produced its first 4900 truck model in June of that year. The truck is now one of nearly 50,000 trucks the company has manufactured at the facility to-date.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2327 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...533 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views