What AEM thinks of the new ‘Manufacturing Enhancement Act’
Dennis Slater, president of Association of Equipment Manufacturers, has something to say about the president signing the “Manufacturing Enhancement Act.“
Slater said today’s signing ceremony of the legislation is an important recognition of America’s need to improve manufacturing jobs.
“While we applaud the bill, it is only one small step to leveling the playing field for equipment manufacturers that seek to export American-made products for the benefit of our nation’s economy,” Slater says. “Today’s news that the U.S. trade deficit widened to an unexpected high in June is all the more reason for Congress to take immediate action on substantive manufacturing policies.”
Slater says that while some people believe that passing a free trade agreement months before the mid-term election is politically risky, “it’s more risky to delay the opportunity for American farmers and manufacturers to create jobs in the U.S. by exporting their products to new markets around the world.”
One very direct way to do this, Slater says, is by passing the pending free trade agreements with South Korea, Panama and Columbia.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park154 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger147 Views