Win $20K, trip to Mid-America Trucking Show in Freightliner design contest
Freightliner Trucks on Nov. 28 announced its “Design the Future of Pride & Profit” truck design contest. Open to college students within North America, entrants are invited to submit original designs for the owner-operator style truck of the future.
Freightliner Trucks has long offered a variety The competition is intended to help generate out-of-the-box ideas for what owner-operators may want in their future trucks.
The competition will run from November 2011 through February 2012. Three finalists, selected by a panel of global Daimler commercial vehicle design experts, will receive an all-expense paid trip to the 2012 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS), where their designs will be on display at the Freightliner Trucks booth.
The winner will receive a $20,000 scholarship fund and option for a paid internship at Freightliner Trucks.
Judging criteria will cover a broad spectrum of required skills, including concept, overall product appearance, originality, power of emotion, and illustration quality.
For more information about the competition and a complete list of rules, go to www.FreightlinerTrucks.com/TruckDesignContest.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger143 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views