Win $20K, trip to Mid-America Trucking Show in Freightliner design contest
Freightliner Trucks on Nov. 28 announced its “Design the Future of Pride & Profit” truck design contest. Open to college students within North America, entrants are invited to submit original designs for the owner-operator style truck of the future.
Freightliner Trucks has long offered a variety The competition is intended to help generate out-of-the-box ideas for what owner-operators may want in their future trucks.
The competition will run from November 2011 through February 2012. Three finalists, selected by a panel of global Daimler commercial vehicle design experts, will receive an all-expense paid trip to the 2012 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS), where their designs will be on display at the Freightliner Trucks booth.
The winner will receive a $20,000 scholarship fund and option for a paid internship at Freightliner Trucks.
Judging criteria will cover a broad spectrum of required skills, including concept, overall product appearance, originality, power of emotion, and illustration quality.
For more information about the competition and a complete list of rules, go to www.FreightlinerTrucks.com/TruckDesignContest.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry742 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets553 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views