Wisconsin city considers quarry rehabilitation proposal
City leaders in Brookfield, Wisconsin, are considering plans to fill a former quarry with waste from road construction projects, according to a report from Fox 6 Now.
The city held a meeting Wednesday night to look at the plans for the 85-acre site.
The former quarry is currently filled with water and the area is undeveloped. If the plans go through, the quarry would be filled with clean fill.
The area could eventually be used for housing developments.
Before any decisions are made, Brookfield will schedule a public hearing and the Plan Commission will make a recommendation to the Common Council.
The city is expected to make a decision before the end of the summer.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga580 Views
- 7 Best Practices for Operating Mobile Equipment Near Embankments350 Views
- 110-year-old quarry demonstrates aggregate mining importance334 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board331 Views
- 9 Tips for Fall Prevention305 Views