Wisconsin city considers quarry rehabilitation proposal
City leaders in Brookfield, Wisconsin, are considering plans to fill a former quarry with waste from road construction projects, according to a report from Fox 6 Now.
The city held a meeting Wednesday night to look at the plans for the 85-acre site.
The former quarry is currently filled with water and the area is undeveloped. If the plans go through, the quarry would be filled with clean fill.
The area could eventually be used for housing developments.
Before any decisions are made, Brookfield will schedule a public hearing and the Plan Commission will make a recommendation to the Common Council.
The city is expected to make a decision before the end of the summer.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry728 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets503 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant266 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either244 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike229 Views