Wisconsin city considers quarry rehabilitation proposal
City leaders in Brookfield, Wisconsin, are considering plans to fill a former quarry with waste from road construction projects, according to a report from Fox 6 Now.
The city held a meeting Wednesday night to look at the plans for the 85-acre site.
The former quarry is currently filled with water and the area is undeveloped. If the plans go through, the quarry would be filled with clean fill.
The area could eventually be used for housing developments.
Before any decisions are made, Brookfield will schedule a public hearing and the Plan Commission will make a recommendation to the Common Council.
The city is expected to make a decision before the end of the summer.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 881 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life460 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers210 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views