Wisconsin city considers quarry rehabilitation proposal
City leaders in Brookfield, Wisconsin, are considering plans to fill a former quarry with waste from road construction projects, according to a report from Fox 6 Now.
The city held a meeting Wednesday night to look at the plans for the 85-acre site.
The former quarry is currently filled with water and the area is undeveloped. If the plans go through, the quarry would be filled with clean fill.
The area could eventually be used for housing developments.
Before any decisions are made, Brookfield will schedule a public hearing and the Plan Commission will make a recommendation to the Common Council.
The city is expected to make a decision before the end of the summer.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs704 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity344 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries268 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views