Wisconsin city considers quarry rehabilitation proposal
City leaders in Brookfield, Wisconsin, are considering plans to fill a former quarry with waste from road construction projects, according to a report from Fox 6 Now.
The city held a meeting Wednesday night to look at the plans for the 85-acre site.
The former quarry is currently filled with water and the area is undeveloped. If the plans go through, the quarry would be filled with clean fill.
The area could eventually be used for housing developments.
Before any decisions are made, Brookfield will schedule a public hearing and the Plan Commission will make a recommendation to the Common Council.
The city is expected to make a decision before the end of the summer.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views