Wisconsin man sentenced to house arrest, probation following wire theft from sand, gravel pit
A Wisconsin man was sentenced this week to 7 1/2 years of probation for theft of electrical wire from Wimme Sand and Gravel Pit, according to WSAW.
Ben Jovanovich, a 19-year-old from Amherst, Wisconsin, was arrested following a series of thefts and burglaries in multiple counties in November and December 2011. According to the report, Jovanovich was among three other men involved in the thefts and robberies. He was convicted of stealing thousands of dollars worth of wire from Wimme, located in Plover, Wisconsin.
In addition to his probation, Jovanovich was ordered to spend 180 days on house arrest over the next two years and was prohibited from contacting the co-defendants. He will not receive any jail time if he does not violate those terms.
Two of the other suspects did, however receive jail sentences. Nicholas Luke, 29, was sentenced in April to seven years in prison and five years extended supervision, while Zach Deyo, 20, was sentenced to six years in prison and four years extended supervision.
The fourth suspect, Bradley Stemper, 21, will receive his sentence in October.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views