WOC reveals contest winners
World of Concrete announced the top three winners of the “Crews That Rock” contest, which was created to honor hardworking crews in the construction industry and sponsored by BASF for WOC 2012, on December 19. Once World of Concrete narrowed the finalists to the top 45 entries, online voting for the top three winners ran from November 23 until December 16, with more than 13,000 votes.
Southwest Tech Bricklaying & Masonry program won first place for the Memory Walk at the Grant Regional Health Center Foundation and will receive an airline credit, room nights in a Las Vegas hotel during WOC 2012, complimentary seminars, a bag of WOC swag and an original painting of the winning project by Brad Burns Construction Fine Art.
Stark Excavating won second place for its pour project at the Kirby Hospital Medical Center and Carle Clinic, and as a prize the company will receive an airline credit, room nights in a Las Vegas hotel during WOC 2012, complimentary seminars and a bag of WOC swag.
Impressions Concrete won third place for assisting families who were victims of fraudulent contractors. As a prize, the company will receive an airline credit, room nights in a Las Vegas hotel during WOC 2012, complimentary seminars and a bag of WOC swag.
World of Concrete awarded Honorable Mentions to Team Pain’s Skate Park project, Concrete Mystique Engraving’s Nashville Dinner Theater project and Sawcutters NW’s Cowlits Dam project.
View all the results at worldofconcrete.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1117 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1031 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program479 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- U.S. Aggregates set to reopen quarry in Indiana192 Views