WOC reveals contest winners
World of Concrete announced the top three winners of the “Crews That Rock” contest, which was created to honor hardworking crews in the construction industry and sponsored by BASF for WOC 2012, on December 19. Once World of Concrete narrowed the finalists to the top 45 entries, online voting for the top three winners ran from November 23 until December 16, with more than 13,000 votes.
Southwest Tech Bricklaying & Masonry program won first place for the Memory Walk at the Grant Regional Health Center Foundation and will receive an airline credit, room nights in a Las Vegas hotel during WOC 2012, complimentary seminars, a bag of WOC swag and an original painting of the winning project by Brad Burns Construction Fine Art.
Stark Excavating won second place for its pour project at the Kirby Hospital Medical Center and Carle Clinic, and as a prize the company will receive an airline credit, room nights in a Las Vegas hotel during WOC 2012, complimentary seminars and a bag of WOC swag.
Impressions Concrete won third place for assisting families who were victims of fraudulent contractors. As a prize, the company will receive an airline credit, room nights in a Las Vegas hotel during WOC 2012, complimentary seminars and a bag of WOC swag.
World of Concrete awarded Honorable Mentions to Team Pain’s Skate Park project, Concrete Mystique Engraving’s Nashville Dinner Theater project and Sawcutters NW’s Cowlits Dam project.
View all the results at worldofconcrete.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources445 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities408 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger400 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company359 Views