Yokohama raising OTR tires 10 percent May 1
Yokohama Tire Corporation will implement a price increase of up to 10 percent on all of its off-the-road (OTR) tires in the United States, effective May 1. There will be in-line adjustments, as well, which will be announced at a later date.
Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR sales, said the price increase was not due to the recent earthquake in Japan.
“It’s from the escalating costs of raw materials, such as natural rubber,” he said.
Additional factors necessitating the increase, according to Nash, are the rising costs in transportation and manufacturing.“We do our best to integrate our operational efficiencies, technology and environmental procedures to produce the best OTR tires at competitive prices. The increasing costs, unfortunately, must be reflected in our product pricing.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting939 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem924 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve433 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime239 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views