Yokohama raising OTR tires 10 percent May 1
Yokohama Tire Corporation will implement a price increase of up to 10 percent on all of its off-the-road (OTR) tires in the United States, effective May 1. There will be in-line adjustments, as well, which will be announced at a later date.
Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR sales, said the price increase was not due to the recent earthquake in Japan.
“It’s from the escalating costs of raw materials, such as natural rubber,” he said.
Additional factors necessitating the increase, according to Nash, are the rising costs in transportation and manufacturing.“We do our best to integrate our operational efficiencies, technology and environmental procedures to produce the best OTR tires at competitive prices. The increasing costs, unfortunately, must be reflected in our product pricing.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 850 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life409 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning150 Views