Yokohama raising OTR tires 10 percent May 1
Yokohama Tire Corporation will implement a price increase of up to 10 percent on all of its off-the-road (OTR) tires in the United States, effective May 1. There will be in-line adjustments, as well, which will be announced at a later date.
Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR sales, said the price increase was not due to the recent earthquake in Japan.
“It’s from the escalating costs of raw materials, such as natural rubber,” he said.
Additional factors necessitating the increase, according to Nash, are the rising costs in transportation and manufacturing.“We do our best to integrate our operational efficiencies, technology and environmental procedures to produce the best OTR tires at competitive prices. The increasing costs, unfortunately, must be reflected in our product pricing.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill431 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers389 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg311 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award188 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views