Yokohama raising OTR tires 10 percent May 1
Yokohama Tire Corporation will implement a price increase of up to 10 percent on all of its off-the-road (OTR) tires in the United States, effective May 1. There will be in-line adjustments, as well, which will be announced at a later date.
Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR sales, said the price increase was not due to the recent earthquake in Japan.
“It’s from the escalating costs of raw materials, such as natural rubber,” he said.
Additional factors necessitating the increase, according to Nash, are the rising costs in transportation and manufacturing.“We do our best to integrate our operational efficiencies, technology and environmental procedures to produce the best OTR tires at competitive prices. The increasing costs, unfortunately, must be reflected in our product pricing.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry622 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction500 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way393 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter385 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company385 Views