Yokohama raising OTR tires 10 percent May 1
Yokohama Tire Corporation will implement a price increase of up to 10 percent on all of its off-the-road (OTR) tires in the United States, effective May 1. There will be in-line adjustments, as well, which will be announced at a later date.
Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR sales, said the price increase was not due to the recent earthquake in Japan.
“It’s from the escalating costs of raw materials, such as natural rubber,” he said.
Additional factors necessitating the increase, according to Nash, are the rising costs in transportation and manufacturing.“We do our best to integrate our operational efficiencies, technology and environmental procedures to produce the best OTR tires at competitive prices. The increasing costs, unfortunately, must be reflected in our product pricing.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2284 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...521 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker305 Views