Yokohama Tire Corp. increasing OTR tire prices 11 percent
Yokohama Tire Corp. plans to implement a price increase of up to 11 percent on all of its off-the-road (OTR) tires in the U.S., effective Sept. 1. There will be in-line adjustments, as well, which will be announced at a later date.
Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR Sales, attributed the price increase on the escalating costs of raw materials, such as natural rubber.
“The entire OTR industry continues to be challenged with high costs of raw materials that it has had to contend with over the last few years,” he said. ”Compounding these costs are the rising costs in transportation and manufacturing. We regret to have to take the step, but find it necessary to have the increases reflected in our pricing. As always, Yokohama will produce the best OTR tires at competitive prices using our latest technology and environmental procedures and integrating them with operational efficiencies.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry644 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter432 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections272 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)263 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees249 Views