Yokohama Tire Corp. increasing OTR tire prices 11 percent
Yokohama Tire Corp. plans to implement a price increase of up to 11 percent on all of its off-the-road (OTR) tires in the U.S., effective Sept. 1. There will be in-line adjustments, as well, which will be announced at a later date.
Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR Sales, attributed the price increase on the escalating costs of raw materials, such as natural rubber.
“The entire OTR industry continues to be challenged with high costs of raw materials that it has had to contend with over the last few years,” he said. ”Compounding these costs are the rising costs in transportation and manufacturing. We regret to have to take the step, but find it necessary to have the increases reflected in our pricing. As always, Yokohama will produce the best OTR tires at competitive prices using our latest technology and environmental procedures and integrating them with operational efficiencies.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill432 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers419 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg333 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products203 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views