Yokohama Tire Corp. increasing OTR tire prices 11 percent
Yokohama Tire Corp. plans to implement a price increase of up to 11 percent on all of its off-the-road (OTR) tires in the U.S., effective Sept. 1. There will be in-line adjustments, as well, which will be announced at a later date.
Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR Sales, attributed the price increase on the escalating costs of raw materials, such as natural rubber.
“The entire OTR industry continues to be challenged with high costs of raw materials that it has had to contend with over the last few years,” he said. ”Compounding these costs are the rising costs in transportation and manufacturing. We regret to have to take the step, but find it necessary to have the increases reflected in our pricing. As always, Yokohama will produce the best OTR tires at competitive prices using our latest technology and environmental procedures and integrating them with operational efficiencies.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets539 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either248 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant138 Views