Yokohama Tire Corporation
FULLERTON, CA (March 7, 2011) – Yokohama Tire Corporation is displaying its line of off-the-road (OTR) tires at the upcoming ConExpo in Las Vegas, Nevada, March 22-26 in booth N-1257 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“We’ll be highlighting our bias and radial OTR tires for the rock, aggregate and concrete industries,” said Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR Sales. “We want the industry to know we have tires for all their construction vehicle applications.”
Yokohama’s OTR tires that will be on display at ConExpo include:
– RB42™: Radial tire designed for dump trucks and soft and/or loose surfaces such as mud, sand, gravel and rocks. It features a non-directional block pattern, extra-durable casing and deep, flush treads, which translate to greater traction capabilities. Sizes: 1800R33 and 2400R35.
– RT31+™: E-3 version is made for articulated dump trucks and scrapers. The radial tire’s advanced tread design offers improved traction. Other features include an extra large void to lug ratio, flexible OTR belt wire, flat base hexagon bead construction and high turn-up carcass construction, which protects against exterior damage with greater lateral stiffness and improved road stability. Size: 26.5R25.
– RT41™: E-4 version is a specially-designed radial tire for articulated dump trucks and scrapers. It features four steel belts to promote long-lasting service. The tread pattern design with non-directional block pattern provides both abrasion resistance and excellent traction on soft, rocky and gravel surfaces. Sizes: 23.5R25, 26.5R25 and 29.5R25.
– RB31™: E-3 version made for articulated dump trucks and scrapers. The radial tire has a tread pattern design with non-directional block pattern, which provides both abrasion resistance and excellent traction on soft surfaces. A two-ply nylon chaffer offers a longer casing life. Sizes: 20.5R25, 23.5R25, 26.5R25 and 29.5R25.
– Y67™: Bias tire used for special services, such as towing tractors at airports and straddle carriers requiring increased traction. Also designed for dump trucks and scrapers used in underground mine applications. The lower cost-per-hour tire features a tough tread designed to resist cuts and snags. Less heat build-up enables smooth running over longer distances than the deep tread types, plus its optimal rubber-to-void ratio offers increased stability. Sizes: several, including 1300-24.
– RT21™: Radial tire for motor graders. The tread pattern with non-directional block patterns provides good traction and flotation on soft, muddy surfaces, as well as better self-cleaning. Size: 14.00R24.
– Y524™: L-5 bias tire is designed for loaders and dozers in high-abrasion conditions. Highlights include an extra deep tread and side protector that improves shoulder-to-sidewall cut resistance and wear. It features excellent casing strength and retreadibility. Sizes: Several, including 35/65-33.
Yokohama Tire Corporation is the North American manufacturing and marketing arm of Tokyo, Japan-based The Yokohama Rubber Co., Ltd., a global manufacturing and sales company of premium tires since 1917. Servicing a network of more than 4,500 points of sale in the U.S., Yokohama Tire Corporation is a leader in technology and innovation. The company’s complete product line includes the dB Super E-spec™ – the world’s first tire to use orange oil to reduce petroleum – as well as tires for high-performance, light truck, passenger car, commercial truck and bus, and off-the-road mining and construction applications. For more information on Yokohama’s extensive product line, visit www.yokohamatire.com.
Yokohama is a strong supporter of the tire care and safety guidelines established by the Rubber Manufacturers Association and the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration. Details can be found at the “Tire Safety” section at http://www.yokohamatire.com/.
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show266 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers240 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs193 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader190 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000167 Views