Yokohama Tire increasing OTR tires price 5 percent
Yokohama Tire Corp. is implementing a price increase of up to 5 percent on all of its off-the-road (OTR) tires in the United States, effective July 1, the company announced on June 15. There will be in-line adjustments as well, which will be announced at a later date.
Gary Nash, Yokohama vice president, OTR Sales, attributes the price increase to the elevated costs of materials associated with the manufacturing of OTR products.
“The OTR industry is still facing the harsh realities of dealing with the high costs of raw materials,” he said in a written press statement. “Adding to the challenge is the rising costs in transportation. That’s why we find it necessary to have the increases reflected in our pricing. As always, Yokohama will produce the best OTR tires at competitive prices using our latest technology and environmental procedures and integrating them with operational efficiencies.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry343 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers264 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes222 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors199 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views