York Building Products withdraws York City quarry request
York Building Products has withdrawn its request to expand a quarry further into York City, Pennsylvania, York Dispatch reported.
The decision comes after the company’s meeting with York City Council President Carol Hill-Evans.
York Building Products had plans earlier this year to eventually mine 16 acres of undeveloped land on the edge of the company’s limestone operation. The company still needed a zoning change and a conditional use approval to use the land as a quarry.
Joe Musso, the company’s development consultant, said the company has no future plans regarding the quarry.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger351 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)318 Views