York Building Products withdraws York City quarry request
York Building Products has withdrawn its request to expand a quarry further into York City, Pennsylvania, York Dispatch reported.
The decision comes after the company’s meeting with York City Council President Carol Hill-Evans.
York Building Products had plans earlier this year to eventually mine 16 acres of undeveloped land on the edge of the company’s limestone operation. The company still needed a zoning change and a conditional use approval to use the land as a quarry.
Joe Musso, the company’s development consultant, said the company has no future plans regarding the quarry.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger452 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources441 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities373 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register368 Views
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs359 Views