York Building Products withdraws York City quarry request
York Building Products has withdrawn its request to expand a quarry further into York City, Pennsylvania, York Dispatch reported.
The decision comes after the company’s meeting with York City Council President Carol Hill-Evans.
York Building Products had plans earlier this year to eventually mine 16 acres of undeveloped land on the edge of the company’s limestone operation. The company still needed a zoning change and a conditional use approval to use the land as a quarry.
Joe Musso, the company’s development consultant, said the company has no future plans regarding the quarry.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views