York Building Products withdraws York City quarry request
York Building Products has withdrawn its request to expand a quarry further into York City, Pennsylvania, York Dispatch reported.
The decision comes after the company’s meeting with York City Council President Carol Hill-Evans.
York Building Products had plans earlier this year to eventually mine 16 acres of undeveloped land on the edge of the company’s limestone operation. The company still needed a zoning change and a conditional use approval to use the land as a quarry.
Joe Musso, the company’s development consultant, said the company has no future plans regarding the quarry.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety384 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader200 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs192 Views
- U.S. aggregates production rises in Q3 2013191 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Dust Control Technology’s DustBoss DB-100118 Views