York Building Products withdraws York City quarry request
York Building Products has withdrawn its request to expand a quarry further into York City, Pennsylvania, York Dispatch reported.
The decision comes after the company’s meeting with York City Council President Carol Hill-Evans.
York Building Products had plans earlier this year to eventually mine 16 acres of undeveloped land on the edge of the company’s limestone operation. The company still needed a zoning change and a conditional use approval to use the land as a quarry.
Joe Musso, the company’s development consultant, said the company has no future plans regarding the quarry.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest364 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement339 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training333 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta291 Views