York Building Products withdraws York City quarry request
York Building Products has withdrawn its request to expand a quarry further into York City, Pennsylvania, York Dispatch reported.
The decision comes after the company’s meeting with York City Council President Carol Hill-Evans.
York Building Products had plans earlier this year to eventually mine 16 acres of undeveloped land on the edge of the company’s limestone operation. The company still needed a zoning change and a conditional use approval to use the land as a quarry.
Joe Musso, the company’s development consultant, said the company has no future plans regarding the quarry.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry631 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter412 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way396 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company390 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections229 Views